The Directorate General of Immigration and Passports has now introduced a new online system through which all applicants can check the identity of their passports. This is a very useful service for all those seeking a passport tracking as they can now view the status of passport application processing online through a very simple process.
The service was launched by the Government of Pakistan’s immigration and general administration of passports after analyzing the problems faced by passport applicants. With the launch of this very useful service, applicants are no longer required to visit the passport office or regularly line up to get information about their passport status.
Track Your Passport Status Check Online Details
The process of checking the status of Pakistani passport online is very simple and does not require users to go through any complicated process. Passes received through SMS services are already available, but the introduction of an online pass status service can make things more convenient. The entire process of checking passport status online is defined below.
- Open the official website of the Directorate General of Immigration and Passports (DGIP) and register as a user.
- Click on the online passport tracking system and it will take you to http://tracking.dgip.gov.pk/.
- Now, enter the 11-digit tracking code/code in the input below and click on the search button.
- Full passport status will be displayed immediately.
- It is free of charge service and can be used 3 times a day by logged-in users. Please remember that through this service, applicants can only check the status of machine-readable passports (MRP) processed in the last 3 months.
Track passport status via SMS:
If you still cannot access the internet, do not worry, as you can also check the status of your passport via SMS. All you have to do is write and send your 11 digit token number via SMS to 9988, and your passport status will be sent to you via SMS immediately.